Brain Cell Support 60 caps
Dietary SupplementAbout This Formula, developed by Hyla Cass, MD
About the nutrients in this formula
The supplement contains cognizin citicoline, which has been found by researchers at Harvard to be helping in improving memory and cognitive function. Combined with acetyl L-carnitine (better than L-carnitine for neural support), DMAE, phosphatidylserine, and a number of brain cell supportive plants such as ginkgo biloba and gotu kola, Brain Cell Support helps to increase neurotransmitters production, including acetylcholine and aids in elevating mood.
Citicoline is sometimes referred to as a “brain nutrient” because it:
- increases levels of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, acetylcholine, and noradrenaline
- helps protect neuronal cell membrane integrity (also accomplished by phosphatidylserine in the formula)
- With acetyl L-carnitine, it promotes improved energy production in the fontal cortex of the brain. For that reason it has been shown to support attention, memory, and behavior in mentally healthy older adults.
- The additional ingredient DMAE, which crosses the blood brain barrier, is a choline precursor and may also improve memory neurotransmitter acetylcholine levels. Clinical studies with DMAE have suggested improvements in mood and behavior in older adults.
- DMAE, acetyl L-carnitine, and gotu kola may all have a mild stimulating effect in the brain, and so be able to enhance concentration and focus.
Source: Secades JJ, Lorenzo JL. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2006;27(Suppl B):1-56.
Alvarez XA et al. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1997;19(3):201-10.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings per Container: 30
-Amount per Serving:
Acetyl L-Carnitine (as 600 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl) 500 mg
Cognizin ® Citicholine (CDP-Choline) 200 mg
DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol as 275 mg DMAE bitartrate) 100 mg
Phosphatidylserine (from soy) 100 mg
Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract (standardized to 24% ginkgo flavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones) 120 mg
Gotu Kola herb extract (Centella asiatica, standardized to 10% asiaticoside and 30% triterpenes) 100 mg
Other ingredients: vegetarian capsules
Directions: Two (2) capsules daily with meals as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a Doctor. It is recommended that Brain Cell Support be taken in the morning and/or at mid-day.*
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a dry place; do not expose to excessive heat
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Caution: Pregnant or lactating women, consult your healthcare professional before taking this product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.